Sturm-Boss Jauk on Massombo Case: "We have good arguments"
The president of the Graz club sees himself prepared for the eventuality of proceedings.
In the "Yann Massombo case", the two clubs continue to be at odds with each other.
After Altach sporting director Philipp Netzer first attributed blame to Sturm Graz on the sidelines of Saturday's Bundesliga match against Hartberg (What Netzer says about Sturm >>>), similar words from Sturm president Christian Jauk were heard shortly after.
"We do believe that a certain one-sidedness has prevailed in recent days," Jauk told "Sky".
Sturm Prepared for Potential Proceedings
Sturm deliberately refrained from commenting on the case this week because it is still unclear whether proceedings will be initiated. Altach had previously announced that they would comment on the matter early next week. Massombo is currently training individually.
Should proceedings be initiated, Sturm sees itself well prepared. "We will present our arguments there - and there are good, even very good reasons -", says Jauk. He does not want to disclose what those arguments exactly are.
Jauk: "Not Everything Always Went Optimally"
The Sturm president admits that in this case "not everything always went optimally", but nothing more than that.
There have been several good discussions this week with Altach president Peter Pfanner. "Between Altach and Sturm, there has been a reasonable basis as rivals for many years. Many Sturm players have also ended up at Altach. We have agreed that we do not want to jeopardize that," said Jauk.
Furthermore, it was agreed that they want to keep a low profile in the Yann Massombo case for now - until Altach has decided how to proceed.